Welcome to Nikleotide.com. Here I share my thoughts and ideas on bioinformatics and genomics, more specifically on cancer genomics.
Following is a list of the projects I have been (am/will be soon) working on. These are collaborations between our lab [Dr. Majewski] and other labs mentioned in the parentheses:
- Modeling the evolution and heterogeneity in pediatric brain tumors. Collaboration with Dr. Majewski, Dr. Nazarian and Dr. Jabado (published in Nature com.)
- Driver mutations in pediatric brain tumors (several published works)
- Modeling the evolution in metastatic colon cancers. Collaboration with Dr. Riazalhosseini, Dr. Siu (submited/under review)
- Modeling how different histone marks can dictate/predict the state of the DNA methylation and gene expression and how this relationship might be different between normal cells and cancer cells. Collaboration with Dr. Majewski (ongoing project).
- Dysregulation of RTK signal transduction pathways in Histone/IDH wild type pediatric GBMs. Collaboration with Dr. Majewski and Dr. Jabado (in preparation for publication).
- Studying how sub-clonal mutations can participate in defining the trajectory of the evolutionary events within a tumor. Collaboration with Dr. Majewski, Dr. Jabado and Dr. Lavigne (ongoing project)
- Studying how the order of driver mutations can affect the fate of a tumor (its progression and invasion) using CRISPR-cas9 editing system (possible future direction).
- Studying the heterogeneity within pGBM tumors (with apparent homogeneity for driver mutations) using Single Cell RNA sequencing (possible future direction).